Monday, January 7, 2013

Munchkin Meals Monday: Great Grandma's Tomato Slop

As I mentioned in my earlier post today I am starting a weekly series called Munchkin Meals Monday (AKA Mmm).  Here at "our" house we are in full out BLW mode and Phia is loving every bit (bite?) of it.  She loves exploring new textures/flavors and I love watching her do so.  So starting today every monday night at around 7:00 PM I will post what Phia ate for supper, lunch, breakfast, or maybe a combo along with the recipe if applicable.

With out further ado I present to you Phia eating my Great Grandma's Tomato Slop (It taste better than it sounds, I promise):


She loved it and ate almost everything that was on the tray!
She loved the noodles more than anything else!

Tomato Slop Recipe

This is almost like a goulash but with out the seasonings... my family likes plain things for some reason....
Ingredients:
1 Pound ground beef
1 Package (16 oz) Egg Noodles
1/2 package frozen corn
1/2 Package frozen peas
2-3 cans tomato soup (12 oz)
Pre-heated oven 350° F

Directions:
  1. Fry the ground beef and drain/rinse the excess grease off of it.  Layer it in the bottom of a large casserole dish.
  2. In a large pot, bring water to a boil and add noodles.
  3. Cook noodles to desired done-ness (that's a new word, coined by me). Drain and layer on top of the ground beef.
  4. Next layer the corn and the peas on top.  Pour the tomato soup over the casserole. You can mix this all together if you'd like.
  5. Bake for 15-20 minutes at 350° F or until warmed through.

No comments:

Post a Comment