Friday, January 11, 2013

Egg-free. Gluten-Free. Sugar-Free. Homemade baby cookies/bars

I've been looking for some great cookie/bar recipes that are 8-month old baby friendly.  And let me tell you that isn't such an easy task.  At least when it comes to ones that are sugar-free.  Why do people feel the need to add sugar to baby food?! It just baffles me.
So anyways I sat down today and made my own recipe up and by the way Phia ate them I'm saying they turned out great. And these are perfect for the families who are baby-led weaning.

The Recipe:

Oven pre-heated to 350 F
Yeilds about 9- 2" logs

1/2 C Rice Flour
1/2 C ground oatmeal (I used organic baby oatmeal but you could just grind some quick oats up in a blender)
*1/2 C Pear juice or juice of choice
*1/2 C water
Dash of Cinnamon

Mix all the ingredients together and cut/form into your desired shape (I did logs as they are easier for Phia to hold on to).  Bake for 20-30 minutes at 350 F.  These do stay chewy even after cooling!

NOTE- The dough is stickier than regular cookie dough

*You could use 1 C of all juice or 1 C of all water if your prefer

No comments:

Post a Comment